Our brief was simple. To create a campaign which would help retain Lakeland Dairies strong market share in the milk portion market. In doing so we wanted to position Lakeland Dairies as the only trusted supplier of milk portions, based on their unrivalled expertise and track record in this field.
A hard-hitting integrated campaign to counter a market entrant and position Lakeland Dairies as the category leader in milk portions, focusing primarily on accommodation, travel and contract catering.
Key messages and market differentiators included:
• Farmer owned dairy co-operative
The 3 R’s:
• Reliability –proven track record, delivering quality milk portions consistently over fifty years
• Reputation –the market leader and a name you can trust
• Range –all category formats –pots and sticks
To drive the message home, we developed a simple creative route that built upon the idea of the 3 R’s, while still linking back to the dairy cows. From this the campaign headline ‘It’s written in black and white’ was born, clearly communicating the key messages in a way that could be executed in a number of different formats, including:
• Trade press media with key titles
• Online media
• Dedicated landing page on Pritchitts website
• Animated video
• Twitter support
• Promotional items
• PR Feature support across dairy, hot drink, guest room amenities and on-the-go features in focus sectors
The marcomms activity delivered an OTS of over 1 million (1,043,891 OTS) over 6 months across both print and online media.
The PR gained pick-up in titles including Cost Sector Catering, Hotel F&B, Stir It Up and Sports & Leisure Catering, delivering a total OTS of 185,668.