Retail PR / Consumer PR
To recruit new customers to the Mary Berry’s dressings range, encourage existing customers to shop across the range, and increase usage occasions.
A PR campaign driving earned media coverage during the summer.
We created the campaign platform – Do The Twist – as a clever way to describe the physical call to action to twist open the bottles and also as a way to reinforce the reason to believe that Mary Berry’s dressings can create a delicious twist to a variety of dishes.
We developed engaging content including campaign assets, on-trend recipes, and photography. Knowing the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee was taking place during the campaign period, we made sure we had plenty of recipes and pictures to inspire and excite the nation.
To stand-out and cut-through with target media we developed stunning press packs complete with tailored press materials, official merchandise, samples, recipe inspiration, and even a Spotify #DoTheTwist playlist.
PR tactics included product placement, product reviews, jubilee and summer inspired recipe placement and news creation.
• The PR campaign was a resounding success exceeding all KPIs set across both qual and quan measures
• An earned media value of in excess of £200k was achieved
• 50 pieces of coverage were received over the campaign period, in particular around the Queen’s Jubilee recipes
• Standout articles included: Yours, My Weekly, Best, Woman, Woman’s Own, i news, Town and Country House, Daily Mirror, and Daily Express.
• The media gifting was extremely successful in prompting coverage