Kanzi® Apples are grown around the world and are a natural cross between the Gala and Braeburn varieties. Consumer awareness and distribution of Kanzi® in the UK is fairly limited compared to other European markets. GKE NV, the variety manager of Kanzi®, tasked jellybean with helping them get closer to the UK shopper, converting more of them to try and buy Kanzi® and in doing so prove to buyers in the trade that Kanzi® is an apple brand they should support and stock more widely.
Through research jellybean identified that most UK shoppers buy the same variety of apple they grew up with and rarely try new apples. With this insight, we created an integrated campaing: The Kanzi® Big Switch, that would leverage the brand’s global marketing positioning: “The power of great taste – seduce life” and drive UK shoppers to experience the power of great taste for themselves and literally make the switch to Kanzi®.
The high impact, multi-touch point, integrated campaign included: consumer PR, PR stunt, video content, recipe development, experiential sampling, social media amplification, shopper marketing, influencer marketing and much more!
- Our Big Switch launch video received more than 100,000 views
- More than 45,000 shoppers experienced the power of great taste across 7 live events
- An incredible 7 out of every 10 shoppers who sampled Kanzi® switched from their current apple variety to Kanzi®
- Demand for Kanzi® was so high that stores sold out during the activity
- Our PR, social media and influencer marketing activity achieved a reach of over 3 million