With BBQ season upon us, I’ve curated my top five salad bowls to enjoy on a sunny summer’s day.
There are many ways to elevate your salad game and introduce new fresh ingredients to mix things up. Below are my tried and tested, delicious recommendations:
- Thai Satay Salad – Taking inspiration from Thai chicken satay, this salad takes the sweet ‘n salty peanut sauce, poured on to a colourful crunchy rainbow salad. A naturally vegetarian dish which lends itself to a range of fresh veggies, you can also add in prawns for a non-vegetarian option.
- Caramelised Sweet Potatoes with Feta & Red Onion – Taking my love of cheese and potatoes to the next level, this salad bowl combines caramelised sweet potato with the salty and savoury flavour of the feta – making it truly food for the soul. By slowly cooking the sweet potato it gives time for all the flavours to melt out and soften and still allows room to add in further ingredients to mix up textures.
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad – A classic Mediterranean salad with a chickpea twist offering a great source of fibre and protein into a diet. This salad is great to accompany any summertime meal as it has a fresh and summery taste. The key to a good salad is a tasty homemade dressing and this recipe offers just that to combine all the ingredients together.
- Chicken and Avocado Caesar Salad – A healthy twist on a classic Caesar salad that doesn’t leave you hungry and needing more, with bacon, chicken breast, boiled egg and avocados this salad is full of protein goodness.
- Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad– This salad is perfect for any occasion or meal prep for the busy week ahead. With a mixture of colourful and flavourful ingredients it combines roasted butternut squash with quinoa, arugula, pomegranate, walnuts and goat cheese, topped with a sweet maple dressing – delicious!
I hope this has given some inspiration, if you decide to try any of them out, do tag us on Instagram @jellybeanagency