According to WordStream…
- People watch an average of 16 hours of online video per week, which is a 52% increase in the last two years.
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and image content combined.
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text.
- 96% of people have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
- 86% of people would like to see more video from brands.
- 68% of consumers prefer watching videos to learn about new products or services, as compared to articles, infographics, ebooks, and presentations.
- 82% would rather watch live video than read social media posts.
Note: This doesn’t mean blogging or social media posts are dead! Both of these forms of content are a crucial part of any digital marketing strategy, especially for SEO and reputation.
- Consumers who end up on an e-commerce site through a user-generated video are 184% more likely to purchase, and spend 45% more.
- 64% of consumers make a purchase after watching branded social videos.
So, it’s safe to say video is a highly powerful tool when it comes to your marketing. As they say, a picture paints a thousand words, but it is clear a 30 second video can do so much more. With editing trickery though, video content needn’t cost the earth. At jellybean, our in-house studio and dedicated content creation team can bring your brand story to life through static imagery and some very smart editing skills. Throw in some photo library imagery & video (for those not blessed with a strong bank of visual assets) along with a seriously creative ‘jellybrain’ and hey presto you have a compelling video set to halt the scroll.
Check out this recent video we created for one of our drinks clients, SLY DOG, who wanted to showcase their seriouSLY cool and mysterious brand personality. A 30 second (or thereabouts) video with the right soundtrack, the right mix of typefaces and powerful colour palette, plus of course dynamic animation, can really deliver a compelling visual story. It makes a great asset to share on your company LinkedIn and other social channels, your website homepage, with customers via email, as a sales tool in presentations and even on-stand at exhibitions now things are opening up.
With the right ingredients and smart editing there’s no need for expensive live action shoots, paid actors, the right natural lighting and locations, 5+ camera crew and hours of editing (although there is of course still a place for high production values for the right project, budget permitting). But sometimes less is more and we can ensure that rings true if you have a smaller budget but want to make a big impact. Get in touch with us today – we’d love to chat video with you and see how we can help you power through your brand.