In 2014 we saw the rise of quinoa, the Nutribullet juicing anything in its path, gluten-free everything, the god that is coconut water and predominantly here at Jellybean…the humble lemon (in hot water). But what’s looking hot for 2015?
• Freekeh – Said to be the new quinoa which can be used in place of rice. High in protein and fibre it’s a win win for all those January dieters
• Hummus – Can be spread on EVERYTHING (apparently) and it can help with weight management…bonus!
• Cocktails with beer – Perfect for those macho men who don’t want to be seen sipping a Bellini
• Matcha – Move over green tea, this tea blend is filled with antioxidants and health benefits
• Flexitarianism – Become a vegetarian for just one day a week. Why? To prevent diseases and help aid weight loss
• Bee pollen – For use in cereals and with fruit, it’s great for the skin and boosting those energy levels!
But what’s not?
• Olive oil – Avocado oil, coconut oil and almond oil will replace traditional olive oil in the coming year
• Juice cleanses – It’s all about healthy foods and detox teas to flush out those toxins this year!
• Bread and pasta – Sweet potatoes, beans, rice, quinoa and freekeh look to substitute these heavy carbs