Over recent years video has become an increasingly important part of the marketing mix and it’s little wonder with stats like this…
• About 46% of people say they’d be more likely to seek out information about a product or service after seeing it in an online video. (Source: Eloqua)
• The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video. (Source: Mist Media)
• Video and e-mail marketing can increase click-through rates by more than 90%. (Source: Mist Media)
• Video has a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
• On Twitter it generates on average a 28% increase in re-tweets (Source: Twitter)
• Having video on the landing page of your site makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of Google. (Source: Mist Media)
As the leading foodservice agency we pride ourselves on creating compelling video content – a taste of which you can see on our show reel here. But as well as priding ourselves on our video skills, we also like to give back, so this summer we launched a competition for a foodie start-up to win a free (yes you heard it right) free video with our #JBCYourStory competition. It was promoted on our Twitter with full details on our website and was exceptionally well received with 23,939 impressions and 1,358 engagements.
In the end the lucky winner was Ross Bell of innovative start-up Kric8 who’s cricket flour pasta offers an exciting new product that is both good for you and the planet, as crickets provide us with a sustainable protein source, as well as adding a delicious nutty note to the pasta.
Not convinced? Well watch this space to view their video and we’re sure you’ll be a convert! And in the meantime if you’re interested in creating compelling video content for company or brand do get in-touch via any of the below…