After months of hard work the sense of achievement about being part of something as big as Hotelympia is finally sinking in. It was the third time that Jellybean Creative had been responsible for the PR of the UK’s biggest foodservice exhibition, as well as ensuring many of our clients had a successful four days at the show.
Filling the floors of Hotelympia were many of Jellybean’s clients: Hobart Cooking Solutions, Hobart Service and Hobart Warewashing dominated space in Catering Equipment, Everyware Global and its spectacular stand with interactive brochures captivated visitors in Tabletop and Design, Taylors of Harrogate drove its pop up tea urn to Food and Drink and stock specialists, Essential Cuisine had a fabulous action filled view of Salon Culinaire’s Live Theatre.
In no particular order the ‘stand out’ things at Hotelympia were:
• Hotelympia 10K – what better way to start the week than with a 10k run?!?! The ‘Runner Beans’ did us proud with every one getting round the course in about 1 hour and a couple of sprinters coming in sub 50 minutes!
• The Entrance was the ‘Wow Factor’ to the show, a giant tunnel complete with sensory elements provided by some of the UK’s leading interior design companies, opening up onto the newly laid out hall housing every exhibitor under one roof.
• The Show Makers – recruited from Westminster Kingsway – made their mark, helping thousands of visitors find their way around the show, offering advice on the many attractions available.
• Hotelympia Innovation Awards – After months of liaison with industry captains, Jellybean at last welcomed the Innovation Idols to the final stage of judging , which saw 26 finalists whittled down to four main winners in the categories of Food & Drink, Catering Equipment, Design & Tabletop and Technology.
• Seminars – which included a mix of design, technology and general hospitality sessions with major draws such as Tom Kerridge, Phil Howard and Bruno Loubet – a personal favourite was the food porn session featuring Tom Aikens – providing truly magical moments and resulting in crowds that were, at times, ten-deep.
• Hot Talent at The Next Big Event – supporting one of our favourite industry charities – Springboard – Jellybean were out in force rubbing shoulders with Ryan Giggs and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain before settling down to a delicious meal and waiting for the BOH and FOH Hot Talent winners to be announced. Sitting with the Hot Talent finalists proved a tense ten minutes and it was heart-warming to see such gracious applause from all the runners-up.
• Salon Culinaire – La Parade des Chefs, Salon Live and Salon Display were again a huge highlight with lots of competing chefs eager to showcase their talent and pick up some well-deserved medals to take back to their kitchens.
• Hall of Fame – Sir Terence Conran was the 2014 worthy recipient and gave the waiting crowds an insight into his world with a touching speech.
• The dedicated central aisle was used to full effect, showcasing the jaw dropping Salon Display works of art and Innovation Awards finalists.
• The Skillery never disappoints and pulled in quite a crowd with top billing from Tom Kerridge, Cyrus Todiwala and Hayden Groves showcasing some mouth-watering recipes and methods of cooking. A particular favourite was the Tilda Fragrant Jasmine Rice scotch egg which Cyrus created in front of his growing army of fans!
There were too many great things to fit into the Top Ten, but if you were business-savvy enough to attend the show then you’ll know how valuable a purpose it serves in educating, inspiring and connecting businesses in the hospitality world.
See you there next time!
Copyright © 2017 Jellybean Creative Solutions. All rights reserved.
Company No. 2303631. Registered Address: 4 Bridge Street, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 8BZ