All eyes on us… The 7th Annual National Apprenticeship Week is here, and over a year into my apprenticeship, myself and fellow apprentice Kate have decided to hand over our top ten tips for getting ahead and getting noticed.
1. Study. Study. Study. There is nothing worse than not being prepared for an exam or assessment. It’s just not worth the hassle of a re-sit.
2. Explore. Don’t just learn what you’ve been taught; learn how it will help you in your job.
3. Don’t underestimate the importance of Evidence (practically all of the work you do will help towards your diploma)
4. Be passionate.
5. Always ask questions. It’s better to ask for help and do the job right the first time.
6. Make sure you have a mentor in place – having someone to guide and support you is extremely important.
7. If you know you shouldn’t, then you probably shouldn’t.
8. Find time. An hour set aside can make a big difference.
9. Keep your cool, timings will always be tight, no matter what you do. The younger you start managing your stress, the happier you’ll be.
10. Enjoy it. (we do!)
Copyright © 2017 Jellybean Creative Solutions. All rights reserved.
Company No. 2303631. Registered Address: 4 Bridge Street, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 8BZ