Last Friday two of us lucky beans were invited, by one of our clients at Cacao Barry, to the ACF & Disciples of Escoffier UK Annual Black Tie Dinner Dance at the prestigious Landmark Hotel, London. Having begun the evening with a champagne and canapé reception, we were then treated to a superb six course menu. The ideal evening for us foodies at Jellybean!
Prior to tucking into any of the delectable dishes, we were there to witness the new Disciples of Auguste Escoffier (known as ‘’the chef of kings and the king of chefs’’) being enthroned with a wooden spoon – but of course! The new Disciples of Auguste Escoffier included:
· Pascal Aussignac from Club Gascon
· David Collard from Colbert
· Bertrand Munier from self catering Ideal Party
· Pierre Julien Rebuzzi Pastry chef from Landmark Hotel
· Nicolas Laridan from le Boudin Blanc
· Robert Kendrew from Scotland
· Michael Godfrey from Eton College
· Thomas Maieli from Mr Duck
· Myriam Lombard Sommeliere from Ritz Casino
· Mare Wessels Banqueting manager from Landmark Hotel
After all the excitement of enthroning the disciples had come to an end, it was time to embark in our dinner of the very finest French cuisine. On the menu was boudin blanc, seared and tartar of mackerel, fillet of Scottish beef ‘Rossini’, a farmhouse cheese board, dark chocolate cone (my favourite dish, which was generously and beautifully made using Cacao Barry chocolate) and last, but certainly not least, coffee and petit fours. It was truly a night to remember and we were delighted to experience a gourmet taste of France in the heart of London. In fact I think it is fair to say a few French inspired cook books will be on our Christmas lists here at Jellybean! Bon appetite!
Copyright © 2017 Jellybean Creative Solutions. All rights reserved.
Company No. 2303631. Registered Address: 4 Bridge Street, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 8BZ