Last night the stars of the education catering world gathered at the Kensington Royal Garden Hotel to find out who would walk away with the prestigious EDUcatering Excellence Awards 2013. A celebration of the very best in education catering, the night was hosted by EDUcatering Magazine and the irrepressible Alan Dewberry, who acted as master of ceremonies for the evening. As ever, the food at the Royal Garden Hotel was fabulous and Steve Munkley and his brigade did us proud with a great menu and possibly the best chocolate soufflé I have ever tasted! We were also treated to entertainment throughout the night from the finalists of ‘Schools Got Talent’, which showcased Holly Haines, Roslyn Lloyd and Harrison Hartley. Via the touchpad voting system Hollie was crowned winner on the evening, although all were outstanding and added a lovely touch to the night. The raffle for an iPad was in support of Mary’s Meals, a charity devoted to feeding starving children around the world for just £10.70 for a year! The raffle saw us raise enough to feed 299 children for a whole year – not bad for a fiver a pop!
Once the meal came to a close, however, it was time to put the nominees out of their misery and announce the winners…(drum roll please)…
· Innovation Award – Huts Cordia Services
· Primary School Caterer of the Year – Hazel Forester, Godinton Primary School
· Secondary School Caterer of the Year – Tina Snowden, St Edmund Arrowsmith Catholic High School
· Self-Managed Primary Caterer of the Year – Cal Shaw, Chestnuts Primary School
· Self-Managed Secondary Caterer of the Year – Hayden Hibbert, ACS International Schools
· Independent School Caterer of the Year – Ceri Ward, RSA Academy
· Working In Partnership – Shirley Low, Eden Foodservice
· Newcomer of The Year – David Carrack, Harrogate Grammar School
· Marketing Award – Cordia Marketing Team, Cordia Services
· Green Award – Mark Davis, ISS Services Education
· Specialist Manager Award – Debbie Heard, Cumbria County Council
· District Manager of The Year – Christine Leman Cater Link
· Contract Caterer of The Year – Harrison Catering Services
· Local Authority Caterer – Brad Pearce
The last award of the evening was the Lifetime Achievement Award which went to Beverly Baker for a career spent devoted to school catering. From LACA to The School Food Trust and Surrey LEA, Beverly has seen it all and made an amazing contribution to the cause of better school meals. Of course congratulations must go to all the winners, not forgetting to the sponsors who made the evening possible, including our client Pritchitts who sponsored Newcomer of the Year. And a big congratulations must go to Morag, Dan, Jamie and the team at EDUcatering Magazine for a great event! To find out more visit www.educateringawards.co.uk or search #EDUawards on Twitter.
Copyright © 2017 Jellybean Creative Solutions. All rights reserved.
Company No. 2303631. Registered Address: 4 Bridge Street, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 8BZ