2010 is rapidly approaching and we would all like a crystal ball to know what the key drivers, influences and trends will be that will affect consumers, clients, customers and businesses. Today I read an interesting article by trendwatching.com which highlighted the top 10 trends for 2010’. In brief they were:
1. BUSINESS AS UNUSUAL – Forget the recession: the societal changes that will dominate 2010 were set in motion way before we temporarily stared into the abyss.
2. URBANY – Urban culture is the culture. Extreme urbanization, in 2010, 2011, 2012 and far beyond will lead to more sophisticated and demanding consumers around the world.
3. REAL-TIME REVIEWS – Whatever it is you’re selling or launching in 2010, it will be reviewed ‘en masse’, live, 24/7.
4. (F)LUXURY – Closely tied to what constitutes status, which itself is becoming more fragmented, luxury will be whatever consumers want it to be over the next 12 months.
5. MASS MINGLING – Online lifestyles are fueling ‘real world’ meet-ups like there’s no tomorrow, shattering all predictions about a desk-bound, virtual, isolated future.
6. ECO-EASY – To really reach some meaningful sustainability goals in 2010, corporates and governments will have to forcefully make it ‘easy’ for consumers to be more green, by restricting the alternatives.
7. TRACKING & ALERTING – Tracking and alerting are the new search, and 2010 will see countless new INFOLUST services that will help consumers expand their web of control.
8. EMBEDDED GENEROSITY – Next year, generosity as a trend will adapt to the zeitgeist, leading to more pragmatic and collaborative donation services for consumers.
9. PROFILE MYNING – With hundreds of millions of consumers now nurturing some sort of online profile, 2010 will be a good year to help them make the most of it (financially), from intention-based models to digital afterlife services.
10. MATURIALISM | 2010 will be even more opinionated, risque, outspoken, if not ‘raw’ than 2009; you can thank the anything-goes online world for that. Will your brand be as daring?
To find out more or subscribe to this update contact www.trendwatching.com
Copyright © 2017 Jellybean Creative Solutions. All rights reserved.
Company No. 2303631. Registered Address: 4 Bridge Street, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 8BZ